Rhoms professional teams are renowned throughout South Africa for their quality. Ongoing training and refresher programs ensure we keep up with latest technology.
Different teams specialise in the different types of flooring and are subject to continuous supervision by the Owners and their managers.
Although based in Gauteng we are prepared to travel if the need arises to all provinces.
Having supplied and installed thousands of stunning wood and laminate floors and decks throughout South Africa during the past 8 years, Rhoms Timberworld has become a market leader in wood-based floor coverings in South Africa.
At Rhoms Timberworld, all deck and floor structure designs are subject to the same design criteria with regard to structural integrity using our own in-house design software.
These designs can be checked by an engineer, if necessary, after preparation of drawings and material lists. Designs are made according to the specifications laid down by the SABS for load criteria for specific applications..
The result of this is that the client knows exactly what he is going to get and that when completed, the client knows that he has a deck or floor structure that is integrally sound and that will be firm and stable.
In the belief that international standards are more suited to many of our applications, all our floor installation standards are based on the standard codes and practices of the NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association of the United States) whilst our deck building practices conform to the UK standards outlined by TRADA and to the USA’s Design for Code Acceptance 6 – Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide, based on the 2006 International Building Code as there are no suitable local standards to cover this type of design.
Also critical to the integrity of a floor or deck is the material used in its construction. Cost is of course a key factor, yet clients are sometimes unaware of the importance of kiln-dried timbers against air-dried timbers in our extreme climate in South Africa’s inland areas; how important correct fastening of the timbers is and of course initial treatments of the product as well as ongoing maintenance requirements.
Recent references for this division list an impressive array of clients:
• the decking and pillar cladding at the Silverstar Casino and Spa for Grinaker – LTA
• decking for the international departures at OR Tambo Airport – Trencon
• City Lodge – Airport – decking
• ANC Gauteng offices – Walter Sisulu House – flooring
• Legacy Group – ongoing floor repairs and replacements in apartments
• Michelangelo Towers – private client with the most prestigious floor ever to be laid in SA
• Calgro – decking for 175 units – Hartebeestpoort Dam – total 8000 sq.m as well as ancillary woodwork
• Bluebird Shopping Centre – decking • Brooklyn Mall – refurbishment for Trencon
• Edward Nathan offices, Sandton – decking
• Sasol Head Office rooftop decking – Rosebank
• Croucamp construction – Amway head office
• Stefanutti Stocks – City Lodge – ORTIA
• Gothic Construction – City Lodge Fourways
• Trencon – Matlotlo House refurbishment, floors and roof top deck
• Group 5 Housing – Akani Hotel – all timber decking, flooring, screens, balustrades, gates
……..and so the list continues with numerous private and commercial clients.